Friday, February 18, 2011

"I'm thinking about becoming a morning person"

This is it. I'm growing up and I want to be a morning person. I want to be one of those people who get up early, motivated for the day, who get things done before they go to work and are happy to do so. What am I thinking!? I don't know why, I just want to so bad, I love the idea of getting a work out in before alot of people are awake, I love sunrises, and the idea of morning having so many possibilities. Mornings just seem to be great always, no matter how the rest of your day goes, the morning is always a mystical time (sometimes with real mist). Maybe its a Colorado thing, but the mornings there are always so calm, no matter what the rest of the day will be like, you can count on the morning being the same shade of light pink with the clouds drifting perfectly across the sky. I want to see that everyday. I want to be a morning person. There's only one problem: I'm a night owl. I stay up late, I always have. The night is when my mind works it's magic. I stay up late pondering the essential facts of life: how to clean my room, when to do my laundry, deciding if I'll be on time for work, what to do to finish my projects, you name it.. I will think about it all right before I go to bed and forget it as soon as I fall asleep.

So there's the dilemma. I love the mornings, but I do everything at night. So how do you BECOME a morning person? Is there a 3 or 4 step process that I am not aware of? Or is it something that you can just jump into, both feet first: wake up early. Is that it? I have an inkling it's not. I feel like there needs to be some type of self-help seminar. Do I need to mentally prepare to live in the morning? How is it possible? I will work on some type of strategy for these things and report back.

I'll see you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment