Tuesday, March 3, 2009

most entertaining waste of my time

I have found a new favorite website which adds to my list of sites that are 'the most entertaining waste of my time especially when I'm sitting in class' these sites include:
1. Gear Attack: 'keeping gear addicts up to date on great prices one deal at a time'
2. geekologie: 'a geek blog dedicated to the scientific study of gadgets, gizmos, and awesome. There are a lot of shiny new things out there, and Geekologie is dedicated to finding every last one of them for you.'
3. woot! and shirt.woot! derby: 'America’s most sensational fashion sensation! Oh, wait, we were thinking of those rubber wiffle-slippers everybody wears now. Shirt.Woot, on the other hand, is a web site that applies the Woot model to selling t-shirts: a new one every day at midnight Central time, sold cheap.'
4. Facebook: 'gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected'
5. Yahoo!: varies from '600 spam messages' to 'no unread messages in your inbox'

as I write these I realize how limited my access of the world wide web really is; also, how sad it might be that i get my current events from facebook and geekologie rather than a CNN which claims to be 'among the world’s leaders in online news and information delivery' But than again, according to
google so does www.beacononlinenews.com, www.nowpublic.com, www.twitter.com and www.worldtek.com so i dont really know who to believe anymore and I think I should start just worrying about my immediate surroundings like they did before phones or computers, just to simplify my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment